Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Hometown Art

This DIY art idea had me at the first street name! I saw the project here on one of my favorite blogs, Bower Power. If you haven't checked them out I would highly suggest you do so... today! They are one of my daily blog reads and I just love what the Mr & Mrs have done with their beautiful (almost former, as they are moving soon) home. The basic idea behind the hometown art you saw in the link above is to display some of those well-known street names and attractions. I think it's awesome, but I wanted to go one step further.

I wanted our hometown art (or hometown/growing up art, as I transformed it while I was smack dab in the middle of the project) to display more than just street names. I wanted it to show off and remind us of a few of the millions of memories we have from our hometowns, families, vacations, and life once we met on that fateful day back in 2002. I still used the basic idea that Z Gallerie and Katie Bower did with the different sizes and styles of fonts, but I just did a lot more of it, and on a larger scale (my finished product was printed on 8.5" x 11" paper instead of 3.5" x 5" paper).

I made these in Paint. You know, that program that nobody ever uses, but can easily be found by going to the Start Menu, All Programs, Accessories and then Paint. I love the variety of fonts and the freedom you have to do just about anything you want when it comes to sizing, placing and formatting the words.

Here is what they look like on the computer screen... and then in the frames (that I found on clearance at K-Mart for a total of $12.00 for both of them... and then on the wall in the dining room:







No comments:

Post a Comment