Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Butter Me Up

The Butter Bell Crock is one of the best inventions ever (in my opinion, at least). I love it! Haven’t heard of them? I hadn’t either until my Mom had this weird thing sitting on the counter that none of us had ever seen before. I won’t lie, we were all skeptical at the beginning, but I have been wishing and hoping we would get one as a gift for about a year now. Lucky for us, Santa brought one for Christmas and we couldn’t be happier.
Here's how it works. It’s basically a modern day version of the French’s ingenious method for keeping butter at the perfect temperature and texture for spreading (because we all know that slathering on that butter is only fun if it’s soft and creamy and doesn’t rip the bread in half as it’s so cold it’s practically frozen solid). By placing a small amount of water in the base of the crock, the lid (and butter holder) is tightly sealed to perfectly protect the butter’s freshness and flavor. It’s hard to believe, but even though it’s sitting out on the counter (it never goes in the fridge) and the butter is tipped upside down, it won’t go bad and it won’t fall out. I promise! If you love butter, I highly suggest picking one up for your household. It’s a great investment, and one that won’t break the bank (they run about $20.00). Just think of all that tub butter you buy throughout the year. You can get a pack of stick butter (the lid holds one entire stick at a time) for half to a third of the price and it will last two or three times longer than one tub… and it will be fresher and more spreadable. Ours is from the Ranchmart Ace Hardware Store in Leawood, KS (the same place my Mom has gotten hers and others for gifts, and it’s also where we picked up the one we gave my father-in-law for his birthday). They carry the Retro & Matte Finish Collection and I just love it! There are seven styles and endless colors to choose from on the website, which makes it all the more functional and fun for you and your kitchen décor. 
This is the red Butter Crock I picked for the in-laws (they have more of the fiesta theme in their kitchen).

This is our blue Butter Crock; I’m a sucker for anything blue and it goes nicely with my kitchen accents.

Here it is in our kitchen. Isn’t it cute?!

I don't know about you, but I'm craving some bread and butter with dinner tonight! In the words of my 5-year-old nephew, "Bread and butter is my favorite food in the whole world!" Amen to that, Scotty!

No comments:

Post a Comment