Thursday, March 10, 2011

Oh Happy Day

I know, I know, it's only Thursday. Most people are all happy and giddy and in a great mood on Friday, but there is a lot to be happy about today, on this wonderful Thursday... and this entire month of March, for that matter. Here is my list of Happy Thursday (or Happy March) items:

March Madness has officially started and KU's first game in the Big XII Tournament is today versus Oklahoma State at 11:30 am CST. Rock Chalk!



Jersey Shore is on tonight. Oh yes, we love us some JS! 9:00 pm CST. Don't miss all of the fighting, whining, hair-gelling, cab-calling, duck-phoning, sleeping-till-three-in-the-afternoon, partying-till-six-in-the-morning, toilet-clogging, family-mealing, situation-causing, fist-pumping action. It's highly entertaining and I am so mad glad my husband got me hooked on it.



The Royals regular season starts up at the end of this month! If there is one all-time favorite pastime the hubbs and I have grown to love more than anything else over the last few years, it's Royals baseball. What can we say? We jumped on the bandwagon that is America's Pastime and we just can't get enough. We have been counting down the months until the season starts up again and it's finally here. We already have a few games picked out, including a Saturday day-game to celebrate my 27th birthday next month. Mark it in your calendars friends! Until then, we'll be dreaming of picking up some of KC's best BBQ on our way out to the stadium (our own little tradition as Mr & Mrs), tailgating in the parking lot with an amazing view of Kauffman Stadium, enjoying a few ice-cold beers in the summer heat, the fans, the bright green grass, the fountains, Garth Brooks' 7th inning 'Friends In Low Places' stretch, the Friday night fireworks, and the amazing memories that will last a lifetime.



I'm working on projects, projects and more projects! I mentioned in this post that I am waiting on some warmer weather (and the weather forecast for the rest of the month has highs in the 50's and 60's - yay!) to get to work on sprucing up some great deals I found during the month of February. In addition to those smaller items, I have one big project on the radar that I hope to complete this month. Here is a little glimpse of what's in the works at Casa Workshop de Walker. Bring on the power sander, power drill and wood stain. I'm so excited for this big reveal!


And last, but not least, this day next week will be my Friday... and St Patrick's Day, one of my favorite holidays! Caton and I decided to take the day off of work next Friday so we can (1) celebrate our Irish (well, my Irish and his Irish-for-a-day) booties off on Thursday afternoon and evening, (2) recover from having so much fun with number one, and (3) have an entire week-day off together to do whatever we want, just the two of us. I. CAN'T. WAIT.



Happy Thursday and Happy March, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment