Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl Sunday

Happy Super Bowl Sunday!

Here is a glimpse of what we're doing around the Walker household this morning...

We're doing a little cooking with a roast, potatoes and carrots in the Crock Pot for our Super Bowl meal with my sister, our brother-in-law and one of our nephews. I can't even wait for the delicious smells to fill up our house all day long. Roast in the Crock Pot has to be one of my all-time-favorite smells in the middle of a cold winter.


We're also doing a lot of this (read: being lazy!) until our guests arrive. And no, we didn't get a dog since the last time I blogged. This is Casey, my parents' lab-beagle mix, and she's spending the weekend with us for a change of scenery. Lucky for her (and us) she loves lounging around on Sundays and will fit in just perfectly since we don't plan to leave the family room, or our favorite couch (for me) and chair (for Caton), for the remainder of the day. I love Sundays!


While I do like watching football, it probably comes as no surprise that this marketing grad looks forward to the Super Bowl for one reason and one reason only: the advertisements! Here is a list of my top three favorite commercials from last year.

Snickers - Betty White - Any commercial with Betty White is going to be hilarious. I mean, who doesn't love her?! But this one is so funny!

Bud Light - Stranded On An Island - The second I realized this commercial was a play on "Lost" I knew I would be hooked. Yes, I was one of "those people" that was obsessed with the Lost TV series. I know, I know, it had the world's worst ending to a series ever. I love the show and I'll even agree with that. But regardless of the fact that it was a horrible ending and still has me questioning the point of the show and the thought processes the writers were going through, I was an avid fan from the pilot episode all the way to the grand series finale. What can I say?! Anyway, this play on the show was hilarious!

Google - French Love Story - Love love love is all I can say!


I hope everyone has a relaxing, fun and amazingly-funny-commercial Super Bowl experience. Oh, and even though I don't care that much about who wins, I'll pick a side anyway. GO STEELERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment