Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Dear Family & Friends

Dear Family & Friends,
I just want you all to know how much you mean to me. I want you to know that I cherish our relationships and friendships and will always be here for you just like you have always been there for me. We have all been through good times and bad times and I am just thankful we were able to go through them together. The songs in this post are dedicated to you. If you are reading this and you think, even for a split second, these songs are meant for you and our friendship, I promise that they are. My husband, my parents, my siblings, my friends – both female and male, my grandparents, my aunts and uncles, my cousins, my parents/siblings/cousins-in-law… all of you!  I feel like their lyrics are words that I can say directly to you and mean with all my heart.
Yes, you’ll realize that some of them are only directed towards Caton (you’ll know which songs based on the lyrics), or rather, some of the lyrics are directed towards Caton, but I wanted you to hear them in the event that you want to pass them on to your significant others as well. Caton and I have always dedicated songs to each other - songs that describe good or bad days, songs that make us think of each other, songs that reflect that very moment in our life together. Our latest tributes have been ‘Shine The Light’ and ‘Be There’ on certain days that one of us needed a reminder we would “shine the light” or “be there” for each other, always and forever.  
Listen to them once and never again… or listen to them on days that you need a lift and a reminder that I’m here for you… or listen to them every single day… but listen to them and know that I thought of you!
Shine The Light - Sugarland  
Lean On Me - Bill Withers 
You Got A Friend - James Taylor  
Stand By Me - Ben E King
You're My Best Friend - Don Williams
I Wanna Be There - Blessed Union of Souls  
My Best Friend – Tim McGraw
I'll Be There For You – The Rembrandts (It makes you think of FRIENDS, doesn’t it?!)  
Wind Beneath My Wings – Bette Midler (My sister and I used to sing this song to our brother when he was a baby. *The movie Beaches came out the year before he was born* It’s funny really, since he is a true Hero to us an Infantryman in the US Army.)  
Those I've Loved – Eric Church 
There isn’t a rhyme or reason for this post. Sometimes there are just days when we stop, look around and think about how lucky we are to have certain people in our life. Today is that day for me. So thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for being my friends and support system. You are so special to me!
Love,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment